Thursday, May 20, 2010

Working out at home

I made a purchase at Budovideos the other day and while the entire contents have not arrived, I did get the two 26lbs. kettlebells today.

Because today was such a beautiful, sunny and warm day, I decided to take my 4 month old son outside so he could watch his father have a small workout.

I have been babying my knee for the past 4 days, because I injured it over the weekend, rolling (not drilling like what I wanted to do in a previous post), so I made sure that I warmed up properly. I haven't put together a gameplan for my workout sessions, so I decided to just wing it.

3x10 cleans with each arm
3x10 press with each arm
3x10 swing (under legs to mid chest) with each arm
3x10 squat, holding both kettlebells at my chest

My rest period consisted of me jogging around the diameter of my back yard. After my last set, I walked with my son in his stroller.

The workout was short, but it felt good. I haven't done any sort of squatting since last October, and while this isn't a heavy load I'm working with, I sure as hell felt it.

I will try to formulate a gameplan for Friday's workout, and really a whole week. I'm thinking Mon/Wed/Fri with the Kettlebell, the Medicine ball that's in the mail, and the wrist roller that I also purchased. I want to work the stability ball in, but since it's not something that is as extreme as a kettlebell workout, I could do it on Sat/Sun and possibly a third day.

1 comment:

  1. Aight dude, download this video and watch it, it will change the way you think about guard passing, both offensively and defensively.
    http://techemperor.com/Files/X-Demian.Maia.Science.of.Jiu.Jitsu.Vol1.Defending.The.Guard.Pass.avi

    Kintanon

    ReplyDelete